Sam Newsome

Sam Newsome
"The potential for the saxophone is unlimited." - Steve Lacy



Now available of Bandcamp!

Now available on Bandcamp!

Now available on Bandcamp!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

5 Star Review in Downbeat


This five-star review is from the June 2017 edition of Downbeat magazine, with Diana Krall on the cover. For some reason, I forgot to post this. I probably got caught up in a million and one things. Better late than never. And a special shout out to Michael Jackson for being generous with the stars.

I was actually very nervous about putting this recording out, seeing how it pushes the envelope more than usual. I never know how these outside of the box projects are going to be received. Fortunately, the feedback has been positive. So I guess you never know. Onward and upward!





2 comments:

Heath Watts said...

Congratulations! It's an excellent album.

My Profile said...

Thanks, Heath!

Blank Page Syndrome

Sydney Sheldon's poignant quote, "A blank piece of paper is God's way of showing you how hard it is to be God," deeply res...