This particular concoction is made up of five (5) parts.
1. Coiled plastic tube: This is where the sound travels through.
2. Plastic funnel: This attaches to the end of the funnel to help direct the sound. Similar to an instrument's bell.
3. Balloons: This is attached to the funnel. The dry rice inside of them helps to create a rattling effect when needed.
4. Book (or flat surface): This helps to create the plunger effect heard--enabling me slightly vary the sound.
5. Mouthpiece: This, of course, is where the sound is generated.
The piece: In order to perform this, it helps to be able to circular breath. The drone effect gives it more sonic continuity. As with most of my sonic improvs, this piece follows an ABA form.
A section: Main melody--usually in time.
B section: Improvisation--usually non-metered and sound based.
A section: Main melody returns.
Enjoy. And stay tuned for more!