When I first switched to the soprano, I equated it to being like jumping off a cliff and growing wings on the way down. As artists, we can't afford to wait for safety nets. Being like no other is our safety net. The riskiest thing we can do in today's musical climate is to play it safe.
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Friday, August 17, 2018
The status quo has only two rules: (1) keep things the same, and (2) keep those trying to change things out. Now that you know its rules, make up your own. Don't fit in. Lead. Don't conform. Convert. You can either fit in or stand out. Try to do both, you will fail at both.
Monday, August 13, 2018
When you decide to become an artist, even when you become famous, you’re still an outsider. So get used to it. And for the record: Being an outsider or insider is usually not about the number of fans you have, nor the amount of money you have, but the vision you have. Embrace it. Share it.
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
I'm a big proponent of artists/musicians getting 9-5 jobs. It's nothing wrong with paying the bills while continuing to stay focused on your vision. Is it better to be continually gigging and having lost your direction, or selectively gigging keeping your focus intact?
- Thought of the day: Taking Risks
- Thought of the day: Success Through Failure
- Thought of the day: The Status Quo
- Thought of the day: Outsider/Insider
- Thought of the day: Ruler
- Thought of the day: Having a Job
- Thought of the day: The Harvest
- Thought of the day: A New Business Paradigm
- Thought of the day: Hope
- Thought of the day: Doing the Work
- Thought of the day: Creativity
- Thought of the day: Success
- Thought of the day: Storytelling
- Thought of the day: Sharing
- Thought of the day: Communities
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2017 (48)
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (25)