When you decide to become an artist, even when you become famous, you’re still an outsider. So get used to it. And for the record: Being an outsider or insider is usually not about the number of fans you have, nor the amount of money you have, but the vision you have. Embrace it. Share it.
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
I'm a big proponent of artists/musicians getting 9-5 jobs. It's nothing wrong with paying the bills while continuing to stay focused on your vision. Is it better to be continually gigging and having lost your direction, or selectively gigging keeping your focus intact?
Monday, August 6, 2018
- Artist makes demo;
- Artist gives demo to manager;
- Manager gives demo to lawyer;
- Lawyer gives demo to A&R rep;
- A&R rep signs artist to label;
- Label records artist;
- Label releases record to the world.
- Artist makes recording;
- Artist makes recording available to the world.
Many don’t realize we’re experiencing a music business revolution. That’s because they’re telling themselves a story from the 1980s. This is a new day of abundance, filled with hope, and opportunities to share and connect. Don't squander it. Start telling yourself a new story.
Sunday, August 5, 2018
- Thought of the day: Outsider/Insider
- Thought of the day: Ruler
- Thought of the day: Having a Job
- Thought of the day: The Harvest
- Thought of the day: A New Business Paradigm
- Thought of the day: Hope
- Thought of the day: Doing the Work
- Thought of the day: Creativity
- Thought of the day: Success
- Thought of the day: Storytelling
- Thought of the day: Sharing
- Thought of the day: Communities
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2017 (48)
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (18)
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (25)