Sam Newsome

Sam Newsome
"The potential for the saxophone is unlimited." - Steve Lacy



Now available of Bandcamp!

Now available on Bandcamp!

Now available on Bandcamp!

Friday, November 25, 2016

New York City Jazz Record Interview

I know this is a little late, but here's an interview I did last month in the October 2016 issue of New York City Jazz Record with Kurt Gottschalk. Sometimes when I do interviews I'm never sure of how edgy I can be. Treading the waters of edginess is a lot easier musically. No one would chastise me for playing challenging notes; however, saying things that challenge popular beliefs can end careers. As a culture, we are very tolerant of musical perspectives, diversity of opinions is a different story altogether.

But I did have fun, and I hope to do more in the future.



No comments:

Blank Page Syndrome

Sydney Sheldon's poignant quote, "A blank piece of paper is God's way of showing you how hard it is to be God," deeply res...